查看: 5191|回復: 5
打印 上一主題 下一主題

free DRAM controller~~~ MIG

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2007-7-24 12:23:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Software Support
6 I9 g! e6 f9 _5 o- All MIG designs have been tested with ISE 9.1.01i and Synplicity 8.6.03i. ' g, t8 x' \4 v+ P9 D& m

+ t# W3 s4 _  h  v# k( C! g8 sPlatform Support
) |6 e' C& u* z9 u8 [- Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit) 4 q  \. B. S5 ]7 }
5 G, T* J1 e3 ^* p. w, a  o- m
Device Support ; R7 H5 W7 J# N% }7 C0 {# E
- All currently available Virtex-5, Virtex-4, Spartan-3, Spartan-3A, and Spartan-3E FPGAs are supported. & D9 U  C9 ^7 ]. g/ n4 s. ~

8 \3 ^* O9 K' v5 TNew Features 0 N/ p& o0 d2 m% d( |2 x
General New Features and Changes
: w) K. J4 A9 A& b9 h4 p& X2 |& N- Supports "Create New Memory Part" for all the designs. ( F: W0 @' ^# d2 n$ k  [
- DDR and DDR2 SDRAM designs for Spartan-3A.
9 h3 w- l2 B1 K2 [9 e# j0 j# G- DDR SDRAM is supported for Virtex-5.
, F" h+ K$ o% j$ _) x- VHDL is supported for Virtex-5 DDR2 SDRAM and QDR II SRAM. : A5 w% u2 L  W
- MIG now pops up the design notes specific to the generated design. % `5 H& ]" b4 l; Q! K
- Supports Pin Out compatibility with MIG 1.5 and MIG 1.6 for Spartan-3 and Spartan-3E designs. - h  @9 L! h8 Q5 Y1 G
- ECC check box changed to Combo box to support Pipelined and Un-pipelined modes.
# D! A/ D& a% `5 u( Q- Support differential and nondifferential strobes for Spartan-3A DDR2 and Virtex-4 DDR2. 6 @1 s( b7 q  z; y, o* ?
- Pops up an information note if user selects the invalid data width or unsupported data width for a particular FPGA of Spartan-3/-3E/-3A. " b# |0 p5 S0 S' ], B
- Generates a script file for running MIG designs through Project Navigator GUI. This is supported only when the flow vendor is "XST".
6 h! k0 [4 }- l* Z8 \! K* m. ]- Default setting "DCI for Address and Control " is changed to "unChecked". ; Q9 M. G) P8 k* [" m
- Frequency slider is changed to editable box in the GUI. % j$ E, r' S- z' T7 h3 \
- Supports only alphanumeric characters and underscore ('_') for the module name and also for the New Name in Edit Signal Names.
* U# N; {; V6 M! q- r- Removed console window when running MIG through CORE Generator. # N7 _" b- U4 H9 V! y
- WASSO table (Set Advanced Options) accepts only numeric characters. % N" Y3 g2 m6 i& A: _4 Y
- The maximum frequency for Spartan-3, -5 is set to 133 MHz if the data width is greater than 32. ! d3 i; {( I* X) M( g* Z+ J
- Provided web links for all XAPPs in the docs folder of the designs.
) J+ o9 B$ c$ a1 i. Z- Provided link to Data Sheet instead of Log Sheet in the output window. & f! Z7 P9 \5 J1 x6 n
- Support of Constraint "CONFIG PROHIBIT" while reading the ucf in the reserve pins window.
) j/ H& h5 }. U. v: }- X# ^# Z- WASSO limits the number of pins to be used in a bank per controller. For example in multi controller design, if WASSO is set to 10 in a bank, tool allocates 10 pins for each controller in that bank. ( e  y+ Z4 C" y! u9 m8 }( v& f
- The designs are independent of the memory part package; hence, the package part of the memory component name is replaced with XX or XXX, where XX or XXX indicates don't care condition.
6 {& I) Z7 ]4 c, l. Z( e: ?
. M& T7 a* l7 ]9 b: N. A+ z- J7 `Virtex-5 New Features and Changes 7 m2 [& b7 y  V* C- j
DDR2 SDRAM
% A- G' E% x3 ^/ D* N7 j; I5 P! [- New controller with several high-performance features. All the features are described in detail in the Application Notes. ( K4 G' B0 m  D1 O: [
- Enhanced data calibration algorithms for higher reliability.
$ J! \; Y& ~: x5 K  m  A- Bank Management feature is supported. ( P1 `( n  ]$ G
- Supports VHDL. 6 Z# d9 V0 Z# u3 @2 p3 o; f) `
- The user is no longer required to always set address A10 (and skip this bit in their memory space) when issuing a command to the controller in order to prevent an auto-precharge from occurring on the DDR2 bus. The controller now always forces this bit to 0 on the DDR2 bus, and the memory space presented to the user is now linear. " n  O6 O  s* a8 ^
- The User Interface bus has been modified. The command (read/write) is now presented on a separate bus from the address. See the MIG User's Guide for a definition of the User I/F bus.
' T- z. ], ?& J7 {6 f" W- Several enhancements have been made to the pin allocation algorithms. Due to this, the pin outs will be different between MIG1.7 and previous versions. + F! m2 a& K1 s. i9 }5 `) F
a. Increased efficiency when DCI is not used. MIG will now allocate VRP and VRN pins for other signals. ( b2 g8 K, P4 J8 a* q( C
b. WASSO is applied to all the memory interface signals. 1 \2 B" a. ^" J- I* n% N
c. Signals such as "Error" outputs are not part of the WASSO count.
4 @" S& ~; E+ m9 O) [, R! U( O" v/ ?9 y5 A: s
DDR SDRAM " D! w2 j; S5 O$ \8 q( p
- This is a new design for MIG. Supports Verilog and VHDL.
9 w0 ?) y; z# `6 j- Bank Management feature is supported. ' o. u, y  O$ f$ l( ]
- The user is no longer required to always set address A10 (and skip this bit in their memory space) when issuing a command to the controller in order to prevent an auto-precharge from occurring on the DDR bus. The controller now always forces this bit to 0 on the DDR bus and the memory space presented to the user is now linear. : o4 U& w3 Q" ]

6 M2 k9 y/ o* e+ }& N4 }9 uQDRII SRAM
! c, q) g/ H1 ^1 y$ L! e- Added support for VHDL. 4 H1 ?0 p: j* B+ `! m
- Added support for 72-bit designs. / ]  I/ I; Z9 G" h8 C
- Added first level of calibration. This includes a dummy write of 1's and 0's to the memory. This pattern helps to calibrate for the CQ/Q delay. ! Z4 X2 e/ {# O) j' Q
- Moved the pattern generation to the phy_write module. This was in the test_data_gen in MIG 1.6 ; o; w1 f* k. j  `( g9 A5 n
- A user_qr_valid signal is now being generated to the backend. This signal helps generate the User_qen_n signal to the read data FIFOs. The MIG 1.6 code used the user_qr_empty from all the read data FIFOs. This change was done for timing reasons. ! x" L) Z6 y0 |' \" \# A; I# u
- Several enhancements have been made to the pin allocation algorithms. Due to this, the pin outs will be different between MIG v1.7 and previous versions.
) g) S+ |. F: e# u$ y( U# z  la. Increased efficiency when DCI is not used. MIG will now allocate VRP and VRN pins for other signals.
0 d- H0 }- R6 @# a# ~b. WASSO is applied to the output signals only.
# [' s/ O% [' q9 v# f3 i# J1 ?9 ]% v0 ^5 M" Z
Virtex-4 New Features and Changes ! A  g$ \% T* Z; J% G) e4 R6 h
DDR2 SDRAM Direct Clocking 2 ~4 B! k6 K# v
- Calibration logic now centers and deskews each bit of data. This change improves the frequency performance of the design.
  \# ?7 f- X% \: f) n% b* Y. N- Independent clock pins are generated for each load in deep designs. This change reduces the load on clock pins. 9 W# \. `1 o& q* C1 W
- There is a new option for the user to select the reset polarity. This option is in the parameter file. The parameter reset_active_low can be changed for active high reset. By default, this is set to 1.
4 e: i# ^. ]. i" h( ]6 B& V2 x- ECC check box changed to combo box to support Pipelined and Un-pipelined ECC options.
  u1 i2 S+ }' _- v: s2 }" h& r- DQS# Enable, burst type and ODT of 50 ohm are selectable from GUI through Mode registers.
/ \- }/ x, e* o: ~: f2 m' [6 }- Removed all TIGs in UCF. The reset signal is now registered in every module.
( _! c. u5 {) v0 F( H: i- The IDELAY module now uses CLK0, instead of CLK50. CLK0 is used for the refresh counter. Previously, a divide clock was used for refresh logic. % A. Y7 y' N: ?9 W8 ~" r7 E7 G8 G
- SYS_RESET_IN changed to SYS_RESET_IN_N, to follow standard convention for active low signal. 3 w7 O! Q, c" n5 b! @
- Removed XC_PROPS. The "defparams" that are defined for simulation will now work for both XST and Synplicity.
. x; x6 ~# Y. {; ?# L3 }5 m4 ^- Replaced `defines with localparams for Verilog. & ~7 E' L! D/ V& ~! b* {* v
- Read enable in the pattern calibration logic is now generated after comparing two positive edge data and two negative edge data. This removes any spurious read enables. ! @$ E; W( z9 ^6 X2 D6 G* r8 M) n
- Several state machines now use "One-Hot Encoding".
3 T6 _- h9 G7 A4 S9 P- Reset generation logic has been modified to make it synchronous with DCM Lock and DCM output clocks.
. Y% D4 V: O* P* T- Signal INIT_DONE is brought to top module.
% Y& ]7 B+ J" Q. X* F% R, B- Removed the UniSim primitive components declaration from VHDL modules.
- D& \/ `5 _& e4 `; ^" C: Y* H- We now support all multiples of 8-bit data widths even for x16 memory devices.
2 `0 R  J6 d1 Y$ V- We support memory devices of speed grades -3 and -667. " P6 @+ U1 d& G1 @  f$ E
- Several enhancements have been made to the pin allocation algorithms. Due to this, the pin outs will be different between MIG v1.7 and previous versions.
6 _! J5 n$ @0 v8 g+ M  L* n, M6 [/ Ta. Increased efficiency when DCI is not used. MIG will now allocate VRP and VRN pins for other signals.
0 m3 C# S( p/ D: U& J5 w1 \- n8 Wb. WASSO is applied to all the memory interface signals.
0 H; ]$ C# }* ic. Signals such as "Error" outputs are not part of the WASSO count. ' |6 H. U) G# m) K( k: b
# Y  X+ G% f; c/ _, g
DDR2 SDRAM SERDES Clocking
$ c  O( j  y( B& M- Implemented a new calibration. This new algorithm reduces the DCM utilization and improves the timing analysis. More details are described in the application note. ; A. _9 a3 M& Q6 \
- There is a new option for the user to select the reset polarity. This option is in the parameter file. The parameter reset_active_low can be changed for active high reset. By default, this is set to 1.
6 w( F( L' C( ?0 ?  ?; K0 J- Support for ODT. , O  [" ?3 s  f! _
- DQS# Enable is selectable from GUI through Mode registers.
* \) V# B" j  r6 `! r- Removed all TIGs in UCF. The reset signal is now registered in every module.
, |% g, x2 O" w& h! N" b& R$ w- The IDELAY module now uses CLK0, instead of CLK50. CLK0 is used for the refresh counter. Previously, a divide clock was used for refresh logic.
' P0 L7 R, W9 D( H: j- SYS_RESET_IN changed to SYS_RESET_IN_N, to follow standard convention for active low signal. 6 t$ f) `3 I3 M% |  t( B
- Removed XC_PROPS. The "defparams" that are defined for simulation will now work for both XST and Synplicity.
' g) V, {- |$ X- Replaced `defines with localparams for Verilog. 9 G1 o0 U7 Y( K* h; T0 R
- Reset generation logic has been modified to make it synchronous with DCM Lock and DCM output clocks. 7 c3 P: E4 [% W8 x* J9 \3 `
- Removed the UniSim primitive components declaration from VHDL modules. ; o: n( ?: ?' U* n7 m7 L9 U7 ?! S
- We now support all multiples of 8-bit data widths even for x16 memory devices. 8 Y/ q$ `: k. L! u+ m/ O/ J
- Signal INIT_COMPLETE is brought to top module. 6 V+ [" c0 n  w, t' I1 I
- Memory devices of speed grades -5E and -40E are now supported. ' _$ b( M$ W& ?2 n; J
2 ~; s8 ~0 w, K; q( q5 _a. Increased efficiency when DCI is not used. MIG will now allocate VRP and VRN pins for other signals.
! t0 Y8 w6 d: x3 I2 ?b. WASSO is applied to all the memory interface signals.   a) @, T' H) o; O1 H9 [+ H0 s3 I
c. Signals such as "Error" outputs are not part of the WASSO count. 0 |9 W0 `( l/ D' j" L$ i! o; n( P: @
# D; G* t! G- w+ K- {. ]
DDR SDRAM
. O, A7 i% U8 b& f0 E% Z0 d- There is a new option for the user to select the reset polarity. This option is in the parameter file. The parameter reset_active_low can be changed for active high reset. By default, this is set to 1.
) u- T# K, T5 Q' q7 X- Removed all TIGs in UCF. The reset signal is now registered in every module.
# c8 L5 f: r; U4 z/ D' p8 h- The IDELAY module now uses CLK0, instead of CLK50. CLK0 is used for the refresh counter. Previously, a divide clock was used for refresh logic.
. S' W; j/ t' s; V. p/ P' U; N% x- SYS_RESET_IN changed to SYS_RESET_IN_N, to follow standard convention for active low signal.
$ X/ I! }4 }5 m! a/ Q- Removed XC_PROPS. The "defparams" that are defined for simulation will now work for both XST and Synplicity.
5 r: C9 ^- v9 c  m- Replaced `defines with localparams for Verilog.
6 e' g( T7 {$ J3 b6 I, u+ ~9 f6 ]- Read enable in the pattern calibration logic is now generated after comparing two positive edge data and two negative edge data. This removes any spurious read enables. 1 R+ M, R2 \  L9 v
- Modified the reset generation logic to make it synchronous with DCM Lock and DCM output clocks. 9 w1 Z9 A0 d  O; {# a) r  f
- Removed the UniSim primitive components declaration from VHDL modules.
+ U1 b: L# ?2 B! ?9 X" Z0 d- We now support all multiples of 8-bit data widths even for x16 memory devices.
$ R& W! f' Q' @- Y- The signal "init_done" is now a port in the top module.
- e9 L" ?0 k, M! Y9 u+ e2 p1 D- Several enhancements have been made to the pin allocation algorithms. Due to this, the pin outs will be different between MIG v1.7 and previous versions. 9 F, |$ J! Z5 V/ D
a. Increased efficiency when DCI is not used. MIG will now allocate VRP and VRN pins for other signals. - u+ p) Y* L9 S
b. WASSO is applied to all the memory interface signals. ! w% d; }4 U% t" ~+ `. K& }# s
c. Signals such as "Error" outputs are not part of the WASSO count. , N& ^1 f, j5 _1 O" Y8 L$ B

' t# m1 w  J1 R0 ?0 o% gRLDRAM II
1 q3 b7 @  R, k0 {% C( A. ]) z* t- There is a new option for the user to select the reset polarity. This option is in the parameter file. The parameter reset_active_low can be changed for active high reset. By default, this is set to 1. . ?8 Q7 F4 a0 ~9 k/ S
- Removed all TIGs in UCF. The reset signal is now registered in every module. + d# r9 y  k/ u6 l% Y, n' F: ?
- The design now uses CLK0, instead of CLK50 and div16clk. , G2 K: m" ^# i
- CLK200 is changed to differential clocks in mem_interface_top module (Design top).
( b: @* T* W3 |+ A& \3 x2 c& ]7 {- The signal sysReset is changed to sysReset_n, to follow standard convention for active low signal. & M( P. G. j9 h  ~( J
- Removed unused parameters from the parameter file. / F+ J7 N8 `1 L' k! ~
- Removed XC_PROPS. The "defparams" that are defined for simulation will now work for both XST and Synplicity. ) K# I& F8 `, s" {
- Replaced `defines with localparams for Verilog.
# E  b  i6 J  r/ \& g: M8 @- Modified the reset generation logic to make it synchronous with DCM Lock and DCM output clocks. % @0 ?) t5 d% ~& |* ?" w' Q: y
- Removed the UniSim primitive components declaration from VHDL modules. 5 {: B& C: p% Y  U) J
- The signal "INIT_DONE" is now a port in the top module.
5 K( A, n9 E1 F& a! H# R- Test bench: The bank address sequence in backend_rom has been modified so that generation sequence starts with bank 0,1,.....,6,7. The command generation in the testbench is also pipelined for BL = 2,4,8. + s9 _0 B, p: U
- Replaced "tac" with "Q to data output" instead of "Q to any data output" in the timing spread sheets.
' f  m6 O# L, S( S- The INITCNT that was hard coded in rld_rst module is parameterized according to frequency by adding a new parameter "INITCNT" in parameter file.
" Z* i( d! x  Z- Several enhancements have been made to the pin allocation algorithms. Due to this, the pin outs will be different between MIG v1.7 and previous versions. . s$ w1 W1 P0 H$ `4 w* l6 N
a. Increased efficiency when DCI is not used. MIG will now allocate VRP and VRN pins for other signals. ! w8 S/ E" n) A  ?" x2 ^% A4 U+ p! ^
b. WASSO count is applied on output signals only for SIO memory types. & a% [4 T) y$ C7 f  n7 u
c. QVLD, which is an input signal, is included in WASSO count for CIO memory types. This is the limitation of the current tool. - F- D' @5 \, Q) m

. ~! u$ F: H$ gQDRII SRAM
) e7 C9 Y( o7 V. y0 k* U, ^2 n- There is a new option for the user to select the reset polarity. This option is in the parameter file. The parameter reset_active_low can be changed for active high reset. By default, this is set to 1. % V  c4 F, @! H& z
- Timing for the signal USER_QEN_n has been changed - it is one cycle late. A register for this signal has moved from the controller to the user logic.
0 j: z& k. t0 {" V- U! w) \- Supports generation of designs with out DCM. : A7 V6 S! ]; M. v! Q% d
- Part CY7C1526AV18-250BZC has been removed from Memory part list and added the CY7C1526V18-250BZC. 4 {( X, y- _5 I, l
- Removed all TIGs in UCF. The reset signal is now registered in every module.
! q+ q* M9 R* Q( \) ?# k; @- The IDELAY module now uses CLK0, instead of CLK50. CLK0 is used for the refresh counter. Previously, a divide clock was used for refresh logic. / _9 B8 G! F8 j6 R
- Removed XC_PROPS. The "defparams" that are defined for simulation will now work for both XST and Synplicity. ' }' s  Q; w9 a( v
- Replaced `defines with localparams for Verilog. 3 X% u& R) z) U; L! s
- Modified the reset generation logic to make it synchronous with DCM Lock and DCM output clocks.
3 q- k" S! Q9 `/ m0 X/ ^* `- p% y5 e- Removed the UniSim primitive components declaration from VHDL modules. ! f6 M; c- M; X3 G( Z4 B: Q- p
- The signal "DLY_CAL_DONE" is now a port in the top module. ) r  O4 J! {6 R1 L; G
- The IO Standard generated for system signals are LVCMOS18. Users can change this as applicable. * n6 k2 `" G+ ]1 W; ]0 b. t8 b
- Added support for DDR Byte writes.
8 W0 k% x& {2 @0 u  X. B- Several enhancements have been made to the pin allocation algorithms. Due to this, the pin outs will be different between MIG v1.7 and previous versions. 3 Q& l& U. q2 v2 }* r5 i
a. Increased efficiency when DCI is not used. MIG will now allocate VRP and VRN pins for other signals.
0 T$ h, G- Q  {b. WASSO is applied to the output signals only. - Y6 {( N) z) v; e0 ?; K1 }8 A  F
c. K/K# clocks, which are outputs, are not included in WASSO count. This is a limitation of the current tool.
7 A# }, J  R: [% Q% j7 B- y/ ]! b
0 T/ |8 g# {3 J9 h1 B0 h7 ODDRII SRAM
' m1 o6 K$ u: X5 h: m. R( S- There is a new option for the user to select the reset polarity. This option is in the parameter file. The parameter reset_active_low can be changed for active high reset. By default, this is set to 1.
* f% G/ w& j' U. f- Timing for the signal USER_QEN_n has been changed -- it is one cycle late. A register for this signal has moved from the controller to the user logic.
  q" i/ t# _/ P$ L: |% S, j* w' Q/ f& r- Supports generation of designs with out DCM.
7 N3 {( ^) @# H- Part CY7C1526V18-250BZC has been removed from Memory Parts list. 4 N, v. z1 a& N, T3 ]
- Removed all TIGs in UCF. The reset signal is now registered in every module.
9 p) H4 S: s* J, |- The IDELAY module now uses CLK0, instead of CLK50. CLK0 is used for the refresh counter. Previously, a divide clock was used for refresh logic.
) s5 l4 T# e  [7 ]$ C2 K$ Y8 m( {- Removed XC_PROPS. The "defparams" that are defined for simulation will now work for both XST and Synplicity. ' l+ C  H1 G" r# W2 ]
- Replaced `defines with localparams for Verilog. ) S7 E) I3 ]2 _% q! p1 v; Y
- Modified the reset generation logic to make it synchronous with DCM Lock and DCM output clocks. ! y+ [+ \4 n; F# W8 Y* n: U
- Removed the UniSim primitive components declaration from VHDL modules. 7 Y! O3 e; N; }" {! c
- The signal "DLY_CAL_DONE" is now a port in the top module. * R5 U, h1 X+ D2 s8 ?  e5 I2 q; D
- The IO Standard generated for system signals are LVCMOS18. Users can change this as applicable.
  L% y5 t4 o/ {2 K( e" L1 C2 G- Added support for DDR Byte writes. & \: T4 g3 L8 @* R, i
) S8 ~+ N% a7 H* N" I7 _- U; Aa. Increased efficiency when DCI is not used. MIG will now allocate VRP and VRN pins for other signals. : ]4 o1 {/ {/ ~. F
b. WASSO is applied to all the memory interface signals. 0 P1 o( B( Q9 n& w+ |4 }% Z
c. Signals such as "Error" outputs are included in WASSO count.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂 踩 分享分享
2#
 樓主| 發表於 2007-7-24 12:28:15 | 只看該作者
太長的東東沒人想看吧!
* x' [5 u' o  r4 M) L
2 Q4 l8 Q* H2 k總而言之, 這是一個由Xilnx提供的free IP, 用來控制memory用的, 目前都拿來接DDR/DDR2 SDRAM比較多
( `. a) r* t2 @( D1 o3 [$ L+ g! c' ]$ P- A: ~4 k6 \
很好用哦
3#
發表於 2008-5-14 18:08:48 | 只看該作者
請問我現在用CORE產生出來的MIG是直接燒在板子上使用嗎??
4#
 樓主| 發表於 2008-5-19 00:32:25 | 只看該作者
基本上是的
  V7 ~& F8 a, \, {+ B7 \  B( g. _8 z% e$ Y1 v# t8 p# X
實際上當然要跟你自己的設計整合一起才會動
5#
發表於 2009-3-17 18:36:33 | 只看該作者
沒有載點呀??這是說明文章而已嗎??我想要下free IP呀??
6#
發表於 2009-6-21 15:45:27 | 只看該作者
剛剛看了一下簡介
. N& x; G2 L8 [感覺蠻好用的軟體
% D0 r" P, u1 {結果沒有載點真可惜9 B$ L% s  b3 [4 \* J( T1 I9 C
自己去搜尋一下好了!!
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 09:44 AM , Processed in 0.106513 second(s), 18 queries .