[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2008-7-25 12:19:01 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
CoWare, Inc. / White Paper
3 u- f2 ]% x6 k0 T* R: N9 |$ i- I  y' m7 @
White Paper Content:# I/ c; p) c' U4 G% m* N+ s
* _& O0 B3 X& w7 b; y2 G
The explosion of software content used by mobile device manufacturers and silicon vendors to differentiate their products is driving these companies to re-engineer their software development methodologies. Today's mobile devices have become full-fledged clients that contain a rich array of applications and their supporting infrastructure software including operating systems, security, management, messaging, and browsers. Support for multimedia content and software in excess of several millions of lines of code is commonplace. According to Venture Development Corporation(VDC), mobile development projects are scheduled to take an average of 14 weeks and, in reality, end up taking 20% longer than that. These time overrides and time-to-market delays have significant cost and profitability implications. New development processes and tools must be deployed to address software development. 5 P; C# c4 v, ?8 y
6 @2 `; S8 Y' ?, M, d! [
Virtual Platforms for software development is an emerging market that serves to accelerate the development of software in embedded and mobile devices and rapidly replace previous tools such as prototype boards. Virtual platforms are fast and scalable models of the system hardware, including the device hardware and the environment it evolves in. Virtual platforms provide the combined execution speed, early availability, controllability, observability and determinism, with pre- and post-silicon usability, that none of the traditional software development methods provide.
  y6 z" y4 a- ~: x- d* y
- t6 N$ ^! P: f( i0 IVirtual platforms have a direct impact on software and device development by enabling early software development and validation of the entire device software stack, increasing developer and development team productivity and lowering capital expenses. The result of such an approach is additional time and budget is available and can be dedicated to new market opportunities, increased differentiation or improved quality. This paper describes the benefits software developers should expect from virtual platforms as well as considerations that companies interested in this approach should take into account when creating and/or outsourcing the creation of a virtual platform.
* n5 u% e% l& V" |8 R. l, F. D' Q# ^
遊客,如果您要查看本帖隱藏內容請回復
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-5-27 07:20 PM , Processed in 0.106014 second(s), 18 queries .