1 2 3 4
查看: 3080|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[問題求助] 元件模型在IC設計產業的角色

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2016-12-2 03:03:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |正序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A top-down design approach in IC industry comprises of three levels which includes:
8 m5 J" g: [. v) o1 W- f' x! R  uIC design (circuit-level), model / device(device-level), IC process technology(fabrication-level).& H/ ?; l2 N+ `% M' _, r
On the circuit-level,
0 @6 c4 m- Y0 b4 U' R7 Ta compact model provides the external terminal electrical characteristics 9 _, Q1 `" J, ~9 {" g
resulted from the mathematic expressions of an electronic device.
# T+ Z( W' K, k$ hThe external terminal characteristics (Pin Characteristics) includes terminal voltages, currents or charges,
5 x& E- g4 ^$ ?  m: _# Sare featured as the input and output ports values.
% i. g6 I/ V, e9 R9 {9 Z( T/ mThe unknown ports values of a device are solved by a simulator when performing circuit analysis.  {. h& {( N, z3 R8 d
After the structure and behavior of the individual compact model is specified, the description(structure and behavior) are 2 I4 B* Y& f5 _
submit to the simulator. The simulator employees KCL and KVL to create a set of nonlinear equations. 4 W2 M+ L: p* A+ \$ y4 l  K% K
The nonlinear differential equations are not solved directly, but with approximation and iterative methods. Under certain
. g0 C6 H$ H& f. o* L- X# V4 l- t, Mapproximation, the equations are solved with the Newton-Raphson method. The solutions are equilibrium points of nodal analysis.
$ J! _3 [/ b2 f% ?1 A) G2 _1 d* B* A3 ^IC design engineers work on a higher abstraction level than the device(transistor) level.
4 n+ j7 K5 R# ~: WIn other words, transistors are the primitive components in the eye of IC designer.
3 e$ z, _: @' ~2 OA virtual symbol is the representive of a real device(component).' g$ x( v: j4 R6 j" f0 x% o! ?7 X
For instance, transistor's compact model is seen as a 4 pins symbol. " h5 h" `+ c/ ?4 \- ~1 _
In Advanced Design System(ADS),  three design types are allowed: schematic, symbol, and layout.& n8 v% s' d0 W  P( d
Those designs can all be stored in a small containner names "cell" and a big containner names "library". - B5 q( J# L9 M! B9 F. x
IC designer works with the connection of some symbols in a schematic.
) X  M( x+ f+ u; f: F8 W( vEach symbol represents an electronic device (component). 1 |* l# B) k) s

, S0 y, o& {) j8 B  ]! T  k
& g/ ]$ ~! L; @9 R, n
/ a9 b2 @; |$ iLittle knowledge of a device's internal structures and behaviours are required for IC designers. Because a device works as a funtional block. In stead, a device's external structures (connection) and behaviours are of concerns.
! B0 R# X" A9 k: j4 }  u2 SOn the fabrication-level,
' o2 w1 \$ }" e  ka compact model has the internal description of the device characteristics by means of a set of physics-based expressions with
" H9 ~3 y; B! T* v. {) stechnology dependent model parameters. The physic-based model parameters values accounts for the actual behavior and properties
% O$ }; w( I- X$ t8 E% @of a device are defined by its process variables such as: geometrical dimensions and doping profiles./ m0 w. `3 H/ ~6 F
The true parameters values need to be carefully measured by the experimental setup of device characterization. # k! M$ L: t  J* h7 p) _
Accordingly, 7 E4 L) C8 ?( j$ m+ l* `
the verified compact models are expected to be implemented in simulators.
1 y- b1 t& U8 P  m! {) r3 dThus the modelling accuracy and computational efficiency that a simulator can provide to integrate circuits' analysis
( t2 X! S# j$ ^& Zis the same as its implemented compact model. Meanwhile, a compact model is the most crucial process design kit, which plays as the interface between circuit designers and device developers. % D1 G* E) o9 ~3 v; x6 u' O# N
, S6 Z+ V0 c: [! U
! i5 u- o$ @8 [1 b8 P5 C
: B. n3 _" z5 W. e9 y0 W

) d' I% f: Y/ Z. W2 K6 ?
7 a: s& ]  n& x; M% f0 x# r$ y1 k3 y4 c" s7 \/ Q0 o* b
5 s; |  p- i6 w' Y3 v+ T

4 h& l; w8 _9 k
! N0 c& D* C6 l2 P/ E' P$ t
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂1 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-5-26 03:32 PM , Processed in 0.111014 second(s), 18 queries .