1 2 3 4
查看: 3066|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[問題求助] 元件模型在IC設計產業的角色

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2016-12-2 03:03:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |正序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A top-down design approach in IC industry comprises of three levels which includes: ; ?- Q2 u$ n# h$ T: O; {4 B" t
IC design (circuit-level), model / device(device-level), IC process technology(fabrication-level).
, m, x3 n, F0 W/ N' l0 KOn the circuit-level, ; M( W$ P$ a  o0 U% ?, l. V. N
a compact model provides the external terminal electrical characteristics 6 A( f+ n( [3 o% A: i: _
resulted from the mathematic expressions of an electronic device.
/ r5 z6 S0 N3 v1 X! ^The external terminal characteristics (Pin Characteristics) includes terminal voltages, currents or charges,
* G- Q$ F0 W/ ]1 Y8 k/ iare featured as the input and output ports values.6 y- _8 R# N& L
The unknown ports values of a device are solved by a simulator when performing circuit analysis.+ y5 I1 y7 G: m3 q
After the structure and behavior of the individual compact model is specified, the description(structure and behavior) are 8 O9 E3 O/ x9 j4 F1 N+ S8 a
submit to the simulator. The simulator employees KCL and KVL to create a set of nonlinear equations. ' V8 t1 ^5 l, t' E
The nonlinear differential equations are not solved directly, but with approximation and iterative methods. Under certain 2 q9 q$ u$ U( \' k9 E# C
approximation, the equations are solved with the Newton-Raphson method. The solutions are equilibrium points of nodal analysis.( i. o% ~+ P' T% }+ o5 H1 d
IC design engineers work on a higher abstraction level than the device(transistor) level.
' F( R* N3 [5 f% Z. U3 f3 Y+ j- E  oIn other words, transistors are the primitive components in the eye of IC designer.
2 @; Y2 c0 ^  @' a3 lA virtual symbol is the representive of a real device(component).) j. N& Y9 v  c! {6 k
For instance, transistor's compact model is seen as a 4 pins symbol. 6 F; B7 g+ C, u1 b
In Advanced Design System(ADS),  three design types are allowed: schematic, symbol, and layout., ^- A$ |& R) ^2 D$ Z, R  {9 Y9 l
Those designs can all be stored in a small containner names "cell" and a big containner names "library".
0 l& z! Z; {& Y( }7 VIC designer works with the connection of some symbols in a schematic.
" Y* i. P+ y" ZEach symbol represents an electronic device (component).
$ i- ]2 |: D7 B& r
" w8 b9 R) A, k& l9 s) _' n  [  k. I  V+ j
( `2 ^5 u* M$ _- ^
Little knowledge of a device's internal structures and behaviours are required for IC designers. Because a device works as a funtional block. In stead, a device's external structures (connection) and behaviours are of concerns. 5 |1 t- B# h  A! d) ]
On the fabrication-level,
  h2 W/ h; T( X- q1 \$ c# V' p( {! \& Pa compact model has the internal description of the device characteristics by means of a set of physics-based expressions with
! @7 U, M) S2 L3 N6 stechnology dependent model parameters. The physic-based model parameters values accounts for the actual behavior and properties
0 r5 a& V3 W. q) jof a device are defined by its process variables such as: geometrical dimensions and doping profiles.
$ u( L& [, G/ CThe true parameters values need to be carefully measured by the experimental setup of device characterization. 0 l# |9 a2 ^! W0 H% a: a4 G
Accordingly,
: b' k1 L2 \- E0 @9 nthe verified compact models are expected to be implemented in simulators.
( s4 ?  m, N& |4 rThus the modelling accuracy and computational efficiency that a simulator can provide to integrate circuits' analysis + r: W8 w- t: E: }& Y7 I/ E
is the same as its implemented compact model. Meanwhile, a compact model is the most crucial process design kit, which plays as the interface between circuit designers and device developers.
! }) w( \! N6 M! z9 [+ `- k. ]1 J
) U; u! n% s0 B# k5 Y! a8 y0 j' Y! g9 K* k

; r& K2 }: [) {  z7 w" l1 V+ G. P" R5 O8 N. G
; c, J( I6 F% Z: o; K: ?$ V
; C! `/ E3 K3 v" l& W' h
6 u1 P6 X/ P  m( [, H

( u$ d, O& q; X
) n7 K* M0 ?) ~# ~5 Q# v
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂1 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 07:44 AM , Processed in 0.104013 second(s), 18 queries .