QQ登錄

只需一步,快速開始

Login

用FB帳號登入

搜索
1 2 3 4
查看: 3608|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[經驗交流] Chips&Media's Video Codec Technology Used in Freescale’s Latest i.MX 6 Serie

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2011-7-8 10:05:04 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Seoul, Korea. – 4th, July, 2011- Chips&Media, Inc., a leading company in silicon video Intellectual Property (IP), today announces that its CODA960 hardware video acceleration technology is utilized in the i.MX 6 series of SoCs from Freescale. 4 \+ w/ R/ n5 _
6 S6 a3 Z2 ~9 i/ [7 t( \/ n2 a
i.MX 6 series is a scalable multicore family of applications processors designed for next-generation tablets, e-readers, smartphones, automotive infotainment systems, and other consumer and industrial products.  The first device in the family, called the 6Quad, represents one of the industry's first low-power SOCs to combine four ARM-based CPU's with a full 64bit memory bus.7 j% D* [* j: O9 r# x) N

. C$ v4 B7 z- P: ^8 q0 xBy providing four ARM® Cortex™-A9 cores running up to 1.2GHz each, with integrated 3D graphics and high definition video capabilities enabling 1080p HD video playback at 60 frames per second (fps), dual stream HD processing 3D video playback and 3D video encoding, the processor delivers over five times the multimedia performance of Freescale's current generation of applications processors
  G3 w) ^2 q* Q; `; _
2 Y8 m! _# D% A: ]4 UThe i.MX51 and i.MX53 processors, which utlilize Chips&Media's previous video Codec technologies, are already shipping in high volumes across a broad range of consumer devices including smart phones, tablets, e-book readers, and other smart mobile devices.9 H2 M. T1 _6 w5 N
! |4 w& R+ X' |* o6 o! f
Says Rajeev Kumar, i.MX product line manager with Freescale's Multimedia Applications Division: "We're glad to confirm this collaboration with Chips&Media. The demand for mobile HD video is growing at a rapid rate. With more users playing games and watching high-definition movies, Chips&Media's proven video technology is key in delivering a high-quality visual experience on i.MX based mobile devices."
8 b! b  }! D* s+ `" m, l1 n0 g& Y9 A- f: f- y
The CODA960 video codec IP core is a hardware video codec that supports for 1080p60 encode/decode, as well as encoding and decoding multiple HD, SD and CIF streams. It provides multi-standards and multi-stream support for all broadcast standards including, MPEG-2, H.264, VC-1, AVS and MVC as well as support for other internet video standards including H.263, Sorenson Spark, VP8 and Theora. It also supports MPEG-4, H.264, H.263 and MJPEG encode for video telephony and video surveillance.
* U+ v' W% i2 _& @  I' `0 `& o* ?( J% w# i& C; F8 k5 {* i
Says Steve Kim, CEO, Chips&Media: "The CODA960 is a member of third generation of Chips&Media's HD platform. We're very delighted to see users to bring a new level of high definition hardware video processing performance with its CODA960 enabled in Freescale's i.MX 6 series."
5 Y0 T2 X* k. ]# `5 z5 c5 H0 x
$ z$ _( x( D  u# _- w" D) W& PAbout Chips&Media) k' J6 @( d5 M' @, W. x* f1 L
1 o1 M! {7 k/ y+ u. f
Chips&Media,Inc. is a leading video IP provider based in Seoul, Korea(Republic of). Chips&Media's video codec technologies cover the full line-up of video standards such as MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264/AVC, MVC, VC-1, RealVideo, AVS and VP8 from D1 to full HD resolution. Its advanced ultra-low power and high performance technology has been chosen by more than 40 top-tiers based in US, Europe, Korea, Taiwan, China and Japan and has proven in silicon reaching 50 millions of units. For more information, please visit the company's web site at www.chipsnmedia.com.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 11:01 AM , Processed in 0.104006 second(s), 17 queries .